Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celbrise

mating or escaping?

Celbrise
11 years ago

my bin has been heating up because i added some food and the thing is i added it to half the bin only the other half is cool.

anyways this morning i open up my bin and BAM a lot of worms are in the left corner where it is cool and almost at the surface. idk if they are mating or trying to escape. i did not see any on the floor but i mean it does look like they are trying to escape. the bin has been in this condition for 3 days now so the heat isn't that strong. i am still new to vermicomposting this is my 2nd week only so i cannot tell if they are trying to mate or escaping. the past 2 days it was not like this at all and the bin was heating up at that time as well due to the food don't think any are dead.

also i found some weird yellow seed looking things idk if they are worm eggs or dead maggots as i found some maggots in my worm bin. they are pretty yellow/dark yellow and on the walls of the worm bin. they are oval shaped and from the looks of pics of egg sacs they kind of don't look like them. but i was wondering if they are egg sacs is it possible for them to hatch without water i mean they are on the wall their is no bedding near it or am i going to need to add more bedding and keep the eggs moist

Comments (2)