Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spray bottle safe for worms? ( insecticide )

Posted by Celbrise none (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 6, 12 at 17:30

my original spray bottle broke due to years of use and we have a lot laying around the house the thing is they are old and most likely have pesticide/insecticides. the one i washed out with just water had some i know that for sure.

i was wondering would this be safe to use even though i rinsed it out? i'll be using it for my worms to spray the bedding down from time to time so i really don't want to kill them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spray bottle safe for worms? ( insecticide )

Do not chance it.

o

i am currently soaking it in baking soda and water. hopefully it kills it. idk if i will chance it or not i am out of a soray bottle the all were broken. and i have no money to buy a new one

o

Watch out for baking soda; it's *very* high in sodium. Make sure you rinse really well or neutralize with vinegar.

Do you need to use a spray bottle? Your cooler bin surely isn't dry already?

You could soak a paper towel and flop it over the bin to drip, or sprinkle water with your finger tips.

o

I would either sprinkle water from my fingertips or use a spice jar. A spice jar normally has a lid with holes in it. Clean it out and fill it with water and you can lightly sprinkle water out of it. I would definitely not use that spray bottle, especially because you have mentioned money is tight and I would guess you can't afford to buy more worms if this goes south.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here