Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ants in Bin...need help

Posted by greenthumbzdude (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 10:48

I got an ant problem....my indoor bin has a bunch of small red ants.....how do I get rid of them? Also got some earwigs...not sure how of any of these got in the bin.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ants in Bin...need help

Now's a really good time to make a U tube video of the proper way to separate a worm bins' contents into a container of worms and another container of everything else.

The contaminated ant-infested contents can be isolated outdoors and the ants will leave eventually.

Oh, you could try to lure the marauders out with some leftover Halloween candy....and let us know how that works.

Chuckiebtoo

o
RE: Ants in Bin...need help

In the movie The Secret Life of Bees, the murdered heroine lured ants out of the kitchen with, ? marshmallows ?

I agree with the post that says take the whole thing outside and
set up a WORM migration -- yet to be fully designed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here