Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbararose21101

Using the Forum

barbararose21101
10 years ago

The search box that EQ2 & Chuckles want us to use is at the bottom of this forum's page next to the birthdays icon.
It looks like we can clip other peoples' posts so that the information we want to remember is in one place.
The "clip this post" is very fine print, green, upper right corner.
I am learning some of the Lingo so that my questions make
more sense to the veteran posters. HOWEVER there is no such thing as a stupid question. Nor are there very many absolute answers. Finding answers to a specific question can sometimes be as time consuming as winning spider solitaire.

Comments (12)

• 11otis
    10 years ago

""Finding answers to a specific question"" If it's specific,the search button is usually quick about it.
    ""Nor are there very many absolute answers"" That's just it. We just have to go through the "hits", skip what seems to be of no interest. Going through them I sometimes gained answers I haven't even asked for. For me it's better than winning on spider solitair, I seldom win.

• PRO
    equinoxequinox
    10 years ago

Most forums on the internet along with many websites have search boxes. The search box I see on this page is on the right very near the top right under the "Welcome, equinoxequinox!" I see no birthday thing on the page. There are probably logical reasons why the pages show up differently for different people.

Interesting on the "clippings". I sort of tuned it out. Never used it. First time anybody has mentioned it here.

"Nor are there very many absolute answers." Certainly not in worming. And if there were... we would make up some new ones.

"Finding answers to a specific question can sometimes be as time consuming as winning spider solitaire."

TBC

• PRO
    equinoxequinox
    10 years ago

TBC To Be Continued

Boolean can help with that. http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/TeachingLib/Guides/Internet/Boolean.pdf

I used "kill worms" to search the correct link for my next point.

"HOWEVER there is no such thing as a stupid question." How about the guy who was had mega quantities of worms in what must be the most ideal worm breeding and growing set up ever who titled his post here "Exterminating Red Wigglers". Really all we could tell him was if you do not want red worms do not have the best red worm system ever designed. Plus I am convinced the red worms were helping his system by cleaning it out much like worms do in a aquaponics system. Without the red worms his system would fail. Pretty sure he was a grad student who wanted us to do his dissertation.

This post was edited by equinoxequinox on Fri, Nov 15, 13 at 22:41

• 11otis
    10 years ago

""I see no birthday thing on the page.""
    Go to: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/verm/
    Then, between ""Next 30 messages... "" and ""Post a Message to the Forum"" you see a box saying:
    ""Today's
    Birthdays!""
    This search box gives you the choice to search just THIS forum.

This post was edited by otis11 on Fri, Nov 15, 13 at 23:08

• PRO
    equinoxequinox
    10 years ago

Found it!

• chuckiebtoo
    10 years ago

Isn't it a wonderful thing that the designers of our website provided us with not one, but two SEARCH boxes....one at the top for people not interested in reading crap like this, and the one at the bottom for those trying to escape!

Based on responses to this thread, maybe they should 've included a 3rd SEARCH function.....a pop-up, flashing thing that scrolls across your screen like those "survey" boxes or ads that flitter around like mosquitos.

WWMAD?

• 11otis
    10 years ago

cb2: What does WWMAD mean?
    I did search with both boxes and both came:
    Search results for: WWMAD

There were no matches.

Or did you mean (I googled): WWMad :: Sci-fi browser game where you get to fight the evil empire and other players in a struggle to take over the universe.

Sorry cb2, don't do comp. games; need to tend to the squirms.

• chuckiebtoo
    10 years ago

What Would Mary Appelhof Do

• 11otis
    10 years ago

AHA! You got me there.

• PRO
    equinoxequinox
    10 years ago

Now a stupid question would be...
    Who is Mary Appelhof?

A great way to find out would be read all 67 pages or search "Mary Appelhof"

A pop-up, flashing, scrolling survey box could even suggest topics for people to search. Perhaps we could even suggest topics for it to suggest.

"There were no matches." That is because nobody else thinks like chuckiebtoo but chuckiebtoo and he has never said it before.

The answer is... add more bedding?

• chuckiebtoo
    10 years ago

WWMAD would be a springboard for aspiring and enterprising young worm herders to dive into SEARCH, find out about Ms Appelhoff, perhaps get a copy of "the bible" of wormin', OR.....continue learning about all the techniques, and catastrophes, that've been cataloged here since worms were just something to fish with.

Chuckiebtoo

• PRO
    equinoxequinox
    10 years ago

"Techniques and Catastrophes"

That's what we are calling our wormin teely vision show.

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions