Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2 headed worm

Posted by dadugriff none (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 7, 13 at 11:10

Anybody seen one of these? I'll post a photo later.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2 headed worm

Here is a photo

o

Heres another

o

I thought I had one once, but it proved to be equipped with two rear ends....complete.

Your find brings up the question: would two ingesting mechanisms out-produce two extrusion orifices vermi-compost-wise? Or would the production be the same? Or less?

Wonder what Mary Appelhof would think?

Chuckiebtoo

BTW...I'm in the middle of an experiment comparing the relative advantages of horizontal migration vs that old universally accepted vertical method that sells so many ridiculously expensive bin systems. Later.

o

how many do you have can you make a small bin with only 2 headded oones to see if you can start a colony of them?

o

So far just one. I put him/her in a special bin and picked out a curvy cute boy
/girl friend. A piece of pumpkin, a sip of wine and nature to take its course. We'll see what happens in a few months. Anybody with a similar
r little buddy let me know and we'll schedule a play date for them.

o

ohhh can i have pictures of their bin it sounds fun :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here