Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hummersteve

About Spider Mites.

hummersteve
9 years ago

There were times in the beginning that I always seemed to see spider mites. Lately I have not seen any which of course does not that they are not there I just dont see them. Why dont I have now if that be the case , what conditions causes them to appear or leave.

Comments (3)

• chuckiebtoo
    9 years ago

Alistair Smythe?

Chuckiebtoo

• jean001a
    9 years ago

Here's some info from NCSU at the link below...

Here is a link that might be useful: mites in worm bins

• PRO
    equinoxequinox
    9 years ago

I certainly had something, possibly springtails,at the start of my worm adventures. They were everywhere on the egg carton for six months or two years. I figured they were working for me so I left them alone. Then one day I started to see these quarter inch size, thin, black beetles that walk around attached to another beetle by the back side so as one has to walk backwards all of the time. Then the springtails? were gone. Then the thin, black beetles were gone. I have never seen either one again. If the spider mites are there they are probably breaking down green or brown. If they don't do it Who ya gonna call? One day they too may leave and we may never know why. Sorry, I just realized my post did not answer your question. But I did have a similar experience with something plentiful and little in the bin. If these little things were just a bit bigger I could see more clearly just what they are.

This post was edited by equinoxequinox on Wed, Nov 26, 14 at 17:06