Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tea bags

Posted by smdmt z4MT (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 28, 09 at 16:33

I think you've misunderstood what I'm trying to do. I would like to take the castings and put them in small "tea bags" and sell the tea bags at the Farmers Market. They could then be used by the buyer to make a tea extract.
So any one have any ideas/ thoughts on this venture?

When make AACT I use a painters bag and it works great!

Thanks, SMDMT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tea bags

Go to your local Walmart. In the area where they have the "wedding" items, they have little mesh bags that are for wedding candy. They would make great bags for this. But they're not cheap! Otherwise, invest in a sewing machine and some polyester fabric and sew your own.

o

A much cheaper place for the mesh (muslin) bags is San Francisco Herb Company. They also have two sizes of sealable tea bags. You can get 50 bags for only a few dollars.

Personally I think the idea is great!

o

You can get tea bags from Ricthter.com

Plus, you may not sell a lot of those tea bags because people may think it a waste of their money. I think it is a waste of money to buy a 0.1-0.3 ounce of worm castings that would probably be more expensive than from a commercial website store.

o

Three years later, did this work out for you? Are you selling castings? What sort of packaging are you using?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here