so long and thanks for the fish

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i remember why i quit this place

You think???

Curt

o

I would so totally be posting at a different board today. That board was lively, happening, and informative. It had a diverse population of posters. I tried to sign on but the system to sign on seemed to be broken for more than 8 months despite many messages to the system. Over time nobody new joined that great group. The group suffered from no new members and from themselves wondering why nobody new was joining. I knew but could not sign on to tell them. I watched as it died and burned because of a simple system malfunction. The posters were lively and great. Some may even have migrated to here. One even posted of aliens visiting his outdoor compost bin. Advanced composters will understand what he means. I wanted aliens to visit my compost bin too, but had no way to contact him due to the malfunctioning system.

This forum had the advantage in it's early years to have the information of a lady educated in worm stuff named Kelly. Her information no doubt spread to help people on many boards. It is freely available in this forums archives. It is the gold standard in worm information. One just needs to spend the time to learn from this great. Many people on many different boards have held the mantle of very knowledgeable and trying to extend the knowledge on the subject at one time or another for varying amounts of time. I am grateful to them all. I am even often times surprised by super knowledgeable, informative posts by new posters here. It happens all the time. There is a vast, untapped body of knowledge out there just waiting for an opportunity to share. I am more of a facilitator who saw a worm once in passing.

The board seems to work well with an 80% scientific bent and 20% lifetime special bent. The reason being 80% of us are here to help posters with their worm questions and 20% are here to guide in the more social aspects of vermicomposting.

Some of us are more Dragnet's Sgt. Joe Friday "Just the facts, ma'am'?" and others are more social.

o

I remember Kelly from long before she was posting here. She frequented several boards. She usually preferred one over the others, but the one she preferred would change over time. For a while it was this board. I don't think she is posting anywhere now. Most of my knowledge comes from her.

o

:::I remember Kelly from long before she was posting here. She frequented several boards. She usually preferred one over the others, but the one she preferred would change over time. For a while it was this board. I don't think she is posting anywhere now. Most of my knowledge comes from her.:::

She's not. I had a chat with her on facebook a couple months ago and she's moved on to other things.

o

20+ years ago, a group of people in in the worm industry got together to form a Global Vermiculture association. Kelly was part of that group. Unfortunately, many of the people involved knew more about raising worms than they did about running an organization. It never got off the ground.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here