Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Source of EH

Posted by JerilynnC none (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 1:12

Has anyone recently ordered Eisenia hortensis in the USA? Where did you get them, what was the cost and were you happy with the results?

Thanks.

This post was edited by JerilynnC on Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 1:14

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Source of EH

I guess there are no euro farmers here. Are you the same Jerilynn posting about "Smackdown" on another site? :)

o

Yep, that's me. I should probably post the message here, too.

o

I get mine from a wholesale dealer for $100 for 5 pounds. I can get them in my home state of Georgia for $25 per pound plus $8 shipping, shipping is $8 for up to 8 pounds. I haven't ordered the EH's from Georgia since the dealer is cheaper. I have ordered some ef's from them though.

o

If your still looking I have a great source..

o

Mendopete, who are you on that 'other forum'?

o

P.Pete???

o

Jerilynn I only have posted on the other site a few times. They seemed to already have enough Peters there and I would be a re-pete! I lurk on vermicomposters.com and redwormcomposting.com as well as here. Lots of good info on those sites.

I started composting and vermicomposting around the same time. I would post on the GW "soil, compost, and mulch forum". When the winter rains came and got my compost piles wet, they filled up with native red-wigglers. I posted about this and comments came in about my compost being too wet. I asked if vermicompost was not superior to regular compost, and got no answers. So I switched forums and have stuck around here ever since. This forum seemed to be lacking any regular posters with outdoor systems, so here I am sharing what I have learned and trying to encourage vermicomposting, especially outdoors.

This post was edited by mendopete on Fri, Dec 28, 12 at 0:16

o

• Posted by wrcaz 9 - Chandler AZ (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 26, 12 at 20:31

Acme Worm Farms in AZ sells them. I tried to order from them earlier in year but since I live in Phoenix area they could not ship at that time of year. They were quick to get back to me with that info and a quick refund so their customer service was good.

Here is a link that might be useful: Acme Worm Farms

o

Sorry, I meant: ProgressivePete?

o

I know Otis. I usually edit my sarcasm ;) He is not me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here