Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
eco earth

Posted by michael1846 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 30, 13 at 9:31

Can I use eco earth in the worm bin. Will they break it down. I have extra from my pacman frog. Is it safe. Thank you ~MICHAEL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: eco earth

Eco Earth appears to be nothing more than coconut fiber, which is often used as bedding. In fact coconut fiber is often included with new worm bin purchases to be used as the initial bedding material. If the label does not indicate any other ingredients, I would go ahead and use it as a supplement to your bedding.

o

Grocery stores now sometimes sell in the produce section white baby coconuts. They have points on top and are wrapped in plastic. The white turns into the coir. This is also known as coconut fiber. Plant pots are now made of this.

o

Thank you :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here