Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cultivator Find

Posted by hellbender 6, VA (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 31, 12 at 13:12

For the last few weeks I have been keeping my eyes open for a worm-friendly cultivator to use when digging around in the bin. I wasn't having much luck . . . . . until today that is!

While wandering around over at the local Tractor Supply this morning, I stumbled across my very own SpongeBob SquarePants solid plastic cultivator. I thought that this quality, worm disturbing instrument might set me back a few bucks. It turns out that the public had obviously overlooked this gem for some period of time. As a result the item had been marked down to . . . . . . get this, 49 cents.

Now normally I absolutely hate to shop, but this made my day. It was the last one, too. Not to worry, if you would like your very own, they are available at Amazon (see link). It will cost you more than 49 cents though. I like the product description:

"This SpongeBob SquarePants kids cultivator makes digging around the garden easy and fun for kids. It's a great way for a child to help mom get rid of weeds or find a few worms."

Here is a link that might be useful: SpongeBob Cultivator

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cultivator Find

Good find

I have one like that - well my daughter has one. 99 cents for a trowel and cultivator set in pink with Dora the Explora on it.

They have held up for a year of toddler use both in the garden helping daddy and sand box. And when she isn't looking I grab and use the cultivator in containers and my raised bed as my steel one is in the basement.

o

LOL! I love it! My eight grandkids have each had a similar set in one form or another, and do you think I could find one in this house today? Not on your life!! But come spring, I will be on the lookout for one for Grammy!

o

Yep, I have one with straight pronges, not sure what it's called and it works great, no injury to worms. Also a kid's "tool". Anything safe for kids is safe for worms, no sharp & pointy edges etc. and I bought it at the end of summer sale for less than $1

o

Yup. That is the tool to get.

o

Found one! Grabbed the trowel since it was hanging right next to it. 88 cents each!

o

That looks like the perfect tool. I use a similar one. I also use a barbecue skewer for those single lost worms. If the worms are tiny simply touch the wand to them and they for some reason stick to it for easy and gentle replacement to where they belong.

o

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 21:38

When you use the Sponge Bob tool, does the theme music start playing from the handle? hahahaha You must be the envy of all the gardeners in your neighborhood.

o

LOL! Mine start buzzing like happy little bumblebees.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here