Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbryce_gw

No longer a vermi

sbryce_gw
12 years ago

I decided that it was too messy keeping worms in my apartment. I had three bins, two Rubbermaid and one homemade flowthrough. I put them on Freecycle. The last one was picked up tonight.

As of tonight, I am no longer a vermicomposter. If I am able to buy a house in the future, I will start a new bin.

Comments (3)

• kathmcd7
    12 years ago

I have always respected your input on this site. Was this a hard decision? I have had to scale back a couple of times because I didn't have enough time. You are still a vermicomposter, just temporarily taking a break!lol Will you still post?
    Thanks. Kath

• sbryce_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

There were several factors involved in making my decision. I won't go into them. Whether hard or not is hard to say. It is time. I may still post.

• PRO
    equinoxequinox
    12 years ago

I can so relate. Especially in a non owned home or living with a non composting civilians situation I can understand. On the other hand maybe think of it like the library or the book store. I figure all those books are mine and they are just taking real good care of them for me and I can visit at any time. Maybe think of all the bins on garden web as yours and you advise.

Related is me and mine were way into coral reef fish when my first was born over 20 years ago. We stopped the tank to raise children. When they left for college I joke I replaced them with worms. Now back to alternate fish. And things have so improved in the hobby since then that it is like magic. They commonly, every day, doing things that were never even dreamed of back then.

Your situation may change but you will always think of home. Maybe Homer was titled because he always thought about where his heart was at home or where he was headed to eventually.

Even wormless you are a mega valued poster.

Enjoy fully your time free of the chains of pets so that many years later when you return they can again provide you joy.

Even without worms you still probably possess your most valuable asset for the vermicomposting community which is your ability to chat with individuals and groups of people about the value of vermicompost. Not just online but in real life too. Many groups are always looking for confident speakers. You do seem confident.

In my opinion knowledge about vermicomposting is important so we can grow our own food which is important. No food means no people.