Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
graficaamy

Help with structures - vertical, modular, and on a slope

graficaamy
14 years ago

I'm loving this forum, especially photos. I need help with homemade structures for climbing veggies (mainly tomatos & pole beans). I'm wishing I could create the cattle-panel type solutions but I have some problems:

1. Not being in an agricultural area, local stores don't carry cattle or hog panels, and even if they did I don't have access to a truck.

2. I want to be able to re-arrange panels or components of the structures from year to year, as I practice rotation of different crops within my small area.

3. My garden is about 20 x 20 feet, on a distinct slope. I don't have actual terraces or walls, but just shovel-dig terraces each year and support with large rectangular planters (planted of course).

So I'm picturing some sort of panels that I can move around and reconfigure one year in a straight line, another year two leaning together like 2 sides of a steep roof, another year perhaps 3 panels like a triangular "tube" standing up, etc.

Any suggestions? Will the guys at a Lowes cut into pieces for me? What do I need to cut myself? Can I bend the pieces into the sort of gothic point-top arches I've seen here in certain threads?

Comments (3)

Sponsored