Return to the Vertical Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Agro-Towers, vertical container gardening

Posted by maineman z5a ME (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 2, 07 at 13:32

Hi All,

I just came across the Agro-Towers stackable vertical container system. They are rather "pricey" but they look like they could be effective. I'm not into container gardening myself, or I would give these a try despite their high prices and shipping costs.

MM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Agro-Towers, vertical container gardening

• Posted by ilsa 6 KS (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 8, 07 at 11:22

Those are a bit pricey, but they did get me thinking about how I could maybe fabricate something. Would also be interested in hearing from someone outside of CA - colder climate, that is - to see how the strawberries stand up over the winter months.

o

I was reading and just posted to another thread about something called "the dark garden", a homemade vertical-type scenario. The creator's user name on this site is georgeiii. Scroll to some of the most recent posts to have it presented a bit clearer, the first few posts are a bit confusing, but georgeiii added numerous pics toward the bottom of the thread and another poster named grvtykllr cleared up the explanation pretty well. http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg0300042724120.html?10811

o

Anyone interested in this kind of rig need to visit the folks at Verti-Gro. They've been here in biz in florida for eons and are very nice folks to do business with. Also way cheaper. 20 planters for $80 vs 6 for $70 of the Agro-Towers. You can buy all the rest of the pieces and parts at your Blue or Orange Box Store hell.

Here is a link that might be useful: vertigo.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vertical Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here