Return to the Vertical Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why vertical gardening or plants?

Posted by Aliyae none (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 11, 14 at 16:35

Hi,

I understand vertical gardening is useful for using space more efficiently when planting vegetables etc.

But does anyone use vertical gardens/plants to decorate or beautify their houses? If so, how do you do so with soil?

Thanks,

Aliya

aliyae786@gmail.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why vertical gardening or plants?

When I was in Taiwan, where ground space is more limited in the urban areas, there were many people who planted small pots of plants on their fences.

This same idea could be used on fences or houses (just attach the small pot properly). These are not the traditional round pots but probably more like a half-circle or half-moon pot that would be flat up against the fence/house wall and then have plants in it.

Climbing flower plants, like roses or clematis, could also be started at ground level and be allowed to move up the side of the house or rain gutter spout and decorate the house that way.

There are also now hanging tower garden items that let you plant many plants vertically in that tower.

o

People living in small homes or apartments will often use vertical gardening to beautify their homes, balconies, patios, etc. while saving space. There are lots of different ways to go about making your own vertical garden -- it just depends on what sort of space you are working with, what types of flowers and/or vegetables you like, and how much sunlight your space receives.

I recently read an article about this exact topic -- it's got some great ideas for how to start a vertical garden with simple, homemade container options. Check out the link below if you'd like to read the article.

Happy gardening!

Here is a link that might be useful: Vertical Gardening Ideas

o

Hi there - I use to use my vertical garden wall planters indoors in London - I use to change the plants according to the festive season - I would have the same base plants and then use red plants for Christmas time - I even had an easter egg hunt in the vertical garden

the picture is christmas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vertical Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here