Return to the Vertical Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mobile Trellis

Posted by the_monk 7B (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 13:32

Decided I would attempt to make a mobile trellis based on the old school volleyball net poles. A car tire filled with cement and a metal post centered in it. Biggest problem might be having to double up the tires to make sure of stability. Add some eye bolts and cable. mobile, stable, and with some salvaged supplies several could be made for a few bucks each and could last for several years.
Any thoughts? Anyone??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mobile Trellis

That doesn't sound very mobile with the cement part! haha
I have a couple pole bean trellises that I made out of galvanized electrical conduit. They are just in the shape of a 3-sided only rectangle. Instead of pushing the pipes into the ground, I hammer 2 green metal stakes (3-4') into the ground and the pole tubes fit nicely in the crook of the stakes. I then use twine to connect the trellis to the stakes.
You're probably thinking this doesn't sound very mobile, but it actually is very easy to move. You just pull up the stakes and put them in the ground somewhere else.
The other mobile trellis I'm trying out this year is an old swingset! Can't wait to grow my cucs up it.
Good luck to you.

o
RE: Mobile Trellis

Here's a link to a post here with a pic of a free-standing trellis.

Here is a link that might be useful: freestanding trellis post

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vertical Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here