Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kawaiineko_gardener

would like to do hanging garden! please help!

NOTE: I posted a link in the post; you will probably have to manually copy and paste it displayed as a clickable link in the post.

Basically I have two very small 20' x 20' plots to work with.

The traditional row spacing for peppers, eggplants, and tomatoes are really going to eat up my garden space (eggplant and peppers need 1-1/2' to 2' row spacing; tomatoes need 3'-4' row spacing).

So it would free up a lot of space in my garden In the ground by hanging plants on the four sides of the fencing via pots. The tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants would be hung on the fencing in pots, and if there is enough space, I'd also like to hang pots of greens (lettuce, spinach, arugula, Asian greens etc.)
I put up fencing on all four sides anyway to keep out rabbits, deer, and other local wild life so they won't eat my plants.

Below is a picture of what the fencing will look like; as I said it will be fenced in on all four sides.

http://shelteringwoods.com/protecting-the-trees-and-garden-from-deerrabbits/
I plan to get some sturdy fencing (i.e. made from steel like fence posting) so the fence won't collapse from the weight of the plants being hung on the fence.

There will be plants being grown in the plot itself, so how
would I hang the planters so that the plants in the ground aren't competing for sun and so that hanging planters aren't blocking out sun with the plants in the ground?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022