Return to the Vertical Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Climbing Sweet Peas

Posted by heatherk27 6a (My Page) on
Sat, May 3, 08 at 23:38

Hi, I'm new here, hope I this is even the correct forum....I am growing climbing sweet pea seeds indoors right now and am just about ready to put them out. I'm not sure what they might like to climb - I'm debating planting them with a trellis, or letting them climb the fence. Does anyone have any experience with these plants, anything that worked? I've never done them before, and hope to have some success!

Thanks, Heather

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Climbing Sweet Peas

Hi Heather,

Welcome to the best gardening forums you'll find anywhere, I'm in Florida and have not tried them but since there's been no response here copy your post over to the Vegetable forum; I think you'll get some responses there.

Tom

o

Hi Heather--I am in zone 5 and trying sweet peas for the first time as well. I started them indoors in the beginning of April and put them in the ground at the end of April. I planted mine near a fence and although they are growing they are not tall enough to be climbing yet. I love to try new things in the garden to see what happens. If the sweet peas work out I will post a pic.

Gina

o

Hi Heather

I too started my climbing sweet peas from seed and planted them outdoors last year for the very first time. They didn't get very big last year but this year they filled the obelisk and tipped it over - I had to stake the obelisk. I also have pea pods on them this year. What a joy to see how they took off and produced so many flowers. Hope yours grew well this year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vertical Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here