Return to the Vertical Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Tower Project reviews?

Posted by sunauna 6/7 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 28, 13 at 18:48

Has anyone used the Garden Tower Project structure? http://gardentowerproject.com/index.php

I am wondering how successful it is for the plants (e.g. does water get where it needs to go, how crowded/spaced out do the plants need to be, etc.) and for managing the unpalatable aspects of composting (smell, escaping worms).

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Tower Project

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Tower Project reviews?

My co-worker in the cubicle across from me at work purchased one last year. She still raves about how well it did. She sent me progress pictures by the week and it seems to do really really well. The compost won't smell if you follow the instructions on what to add to the tube.

The only thing she said about it is you really need to think out where you place everything because when it's small everything is fine. However once it gets big, it can crowd out certain plants. She grew lettuces and other things around her bigger plants so once they started getting large, the lettuce plants were basically done producing. Also on top, she did a tomatillo, bell pepper, and a tomato plant (Roma) so it can handle some larger plants.

If you PM me your email, I can email you some pictures of her tower probably from mid-season.

o

I remember this now. I saw a YT video on it. One of the concerns was that you may need to rotate the tower so that all sides get sun, in case that they don't. However, that would be a condition that any of these round towers have.

Second concern is just to make sure and plant larger plants at the bottom so that they don't shade out the smaller plants. But again, that is a problem with these round tower designs, not just this one.

o

These are on wheels so you can spin them, use less then 10% of the water needed when growing in soil, have fewer pests, are on a timer and self water, grow 30-90% faster than in soil and you can grow up to 28 plants in a 2.5' x 2.5' space without upgrading the stock pump.

o

I sure wish @scottberry would stop trying to sell his product on any post like this.

@Admins - shouldn't people like this be banned from this site? They are not legitimate contributors...only here to troll and sell their product.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vertical Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here