Return to the Vertical Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Decorative grow lights for living wall?

Posted by presidiogarden Bay Area (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 17, 11 at 0:18

I just ordered the Wally Pocket system to create my vertical garden, and I am thrilled for it to arrive! I plan to cram it with ferns, elephant ears, hanging ivies, and peace lilies. The great thing is that it will double as a sound barrier between the neighboring apartment.

Since my living room is north facing and doesn't get a great amount of direct sunlight on the wall I plan to install it on, I would like to install a grow light system over the plants. However, I am having a hard time finding the right set equipment online.
I am looking for something that is attractive and also practical- something that will direct the light down onto the walls onto the plants instead of out into my living room. My set up is going to be 66" wide and 26" high (with room to grow) so I need something that can diffuse light onto a wide space. Also, are there battery powered grow lights available so that I do not have to hang an ugly cord down the wall?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Decorative grow lights for living wall?

Bumping this up because I have similar issues with indoor plants.
Anyone out there with a suggestion? Not specifically for a living wall but for any indoor plants?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vertical Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here