Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grullablue

cattle panel ideas...

grullablue
12 years ago

I've been learning all I can about supporting grapes, as I'd like to grow some here. There are some grapes on my property, don't know what kind, but they're small, seeded, and a bit sour for my taste. They are growing beautifully on a fence.

I've been looking at trellis/arbor ideas, and have seen a lot of great pictures here of your use of cattle panels! I was wondering...has anyone tried to use the cattle panels, maybe two high, on their sides on the ground? Maybe use two, connected together, and make walls with them and a doorway, perhaps like a circular room that would later be walled by grape vines growing within the panels (and over, perhaps.) I've got it in my head, and think it would be beautiful. Could cut more panels to put across the top, or fasten high tensile wire across the top. Would use t-posts or some sort of posts to support the panel.

Just wondering if this is a crazy idea, or if people have actually seen it done? I have a truck, and a supplier for the panels 5 minutes away.... not sure on measurements, but thinking four panels for the sides, two across, two high, in a circle, two high...and figure out the top later. Would make for a beautiful sitting area down the road, don't you think?

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this might not work? I'm not much of a builder, but something like this, I could do. Connect the panels with wire or perhaps zip ties...and use long enough t-posts to tie in to the top panel too. I have some 7 foot t-posts...that oughtta work.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting