Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
blue morning glory

Posted by annielu OH (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 08 at 11:55

Here's a pic of my morning glory I took this morning!
blue morning glory

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: blue morning glory

What a wonderful MG, and the picture is excellent, great photography. Do you have seed from it?

Sharon

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 24, 09 at 21:08

That is beautiful. I love the blue the best. I've tried to get rid of my morning glories. Tired of the mess every year.

o

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 1, 09 at 7:48

Very nice photo of Heavenly Blue, Ipomoea tricolor!

Joseph

o
RE: Beautiful carefree morning glories are available

sorie6 - There are only a few of the thousands of species of Morning Glories that would successfully self-resow in your temperature zone.

You must be growing Ipomoea purpurea, Ipomoea hederacea or some other very small flowered species regardless of whatever the seed package may state.

Ipomoea tricolor will NOT survive the winters of a zone 4, so if you want to enjoy Morning Glories with no self-resowing volunteers , then try some of the Ipomoea tricolor cultivars like Heavenly Blue, Blue Star, Flying Saucers, Wedding Bells or Pearly Gates.

The native Ipomoea pandurata may also be a good choice for you...

I'm doing what I can to help dispel the widely held MYTHS regarding the manifold species of Morning Glories.

The Fact of the matter IS that there are many, many more species of Morning Glories which will not survive a cold zone than species that will...

Hope that helps...

Ron

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here