Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandyl121261

Need Advise Please

sandyl
11 years ago

I purchased four sections of these for my front porch this pass fall and got them up. These were my Christmas present to my self for the next 5 years, hehehe.They were a bit expensive, but they do look good on the front porch. here is what I purchased. http://www.hayneedle.com/sale/coventrythreepaneltrellis.cfm Anyway come spring I will be planting something to grow on these for a little shade purpose. I have 25 plus clematis but I don't plan on putting clematis in this location due to the med summer browning that all Clematis seem to go through and I was thinking maybe Mandaville's or maybe Cypress Vine. The area would be on each side of my front walkway steps in from of the front porch, I do have gutters so the run off from the roof will not be a problem. My main problem will be the hot afternoon sun, no shade after 1:30 p.m., porch faces south west and it's faily HOT. I thought of the passion flower vine but after reading up on it I don't think that's what I need. I have several Sweet Autumn Clematis that bloom really late but I realy don't want that heavy of a vine up front of the house..Last year I made shade curtains that ran along the front on a wire that could be closed during the hot afternoon and they looked pretty good, but wasn't what I really wanted and wasn't much of an enjoyment so I purchased the trellis's. Any advise on what would handle the heat and no shade would be a great help..

Comments (7)