Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pam225

Wisteria - does it play 'nice' with a trumpet plant??

pam225
14 years ago

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It's January 1 in Havertown, PA and I'm already researching for my garden this year! hahaha!

I love Wisteria....love the smell, love the look, love how it will bloom 3x over the season, love how it will climb on my pergola (that my hubby needs to build this year!). I realize it can be invasive and it' a fast grower.

However, I also really like the trumpet plant - not sure if that's it's real name, or what variety it is that I like, but my friend has one (so it grows around here), it comes back every year, it' a vine, the flowers are a salmon color, and it beautiful! (and...I will get a free offhoot from her).

I would like to know if I plant the wisteria on one side of the pergola and the trumpet plant about 10 feet down on the same side of the pergola (so both can grow up and over the top), will they "play nice" or will one kill the other. Between the amazing scent of the wisteria and the trumpet plant attracting the hummingbird that lived in my yard last year (and loved my birdhouse gourd plant!) I think it will look nice over my deck.

Thought? I'm open to suggestions. (BTW...my hubby also suggeted a hop plant - not only does he want to brew his own, but the plant apparently look amazing as it climb...)

Thanks, and Happy New Year!!

Pam

Havertown, Pa

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus