Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orcascove

Plant Cypress vine or not ??

Orcascove
16 years ago

Ok long story so bear with me... A very nice lady sent me some Red and some White Cypress vine seed along with some Hyacinth bean, I did a SASBE for. I have been trying to find out more about the Cypress vine because I am considering planting them for the hummers. What I have seen says they are often confused with Cardinal climber.

It says that Cypress seeds look like Mouse Droppings, and Cardinal Climber looks like Morning glory seeds.. Ok so since I am new to seeds I have no idea what morning glory seeds look like. The info I found also says that Cypress vine can be invasive in some areas. Please give me the REAL info on these seeds as I don't want anything invasive to take over. Is that a problem in my area? I don't mind having to keep them in check by occasional pruning and such, but need to know what the seed pods look like, so I can get them before they spread etc... I am in Columbus Ohio which is zone 6 (according to the find your zone helper) Here is a picture of the seeds I have. Any help is much appreciated.. Thanks!!!

{{gwi:1334965}}

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals