Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grape Vines

Posted by purovargas 10 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 12, 12 at 12:22

I need help, I have purchased two grape vines from a local nursery and I have no idea if the ones I have chosen were a good choice or not. I want to train one which is a Concord grape vine to grow on a 4 foot high fence that had a grape vine there that my mother planted years ago and never gave grapes and was just growing wild. It was killed this year by termites, they ate the whole trunk it crumbled in my hand when I grabbed it and they all poured out on my hand. The other is a Black Spanish vine and I want to put it on a trellis which I will build later on. The Black Spanish one has two shoots growing out of one pot and I want to know if I should let them grow together and let them go in two different directions or should I kill one of them? One of them has a pice that is damaged and I don't know what to do to these vines. I am sorry if I am not using the correct terminology as well. Please someone help me out.
IMG_0246
IMG_0245
IMG_0243
IMG_0238
IMG_0234
IMG_0227
IMG_0229
IMG_0230

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grape Vines

I'm in San Antonio, Texas, Sorry I forgot all about that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here