Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow Vine that Flowers Often.....

Posted by sultry_jasmine_night z10/ hot hot hot.... (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 16, 07 at 14:33

I am covering an arbor on a porch-swing. The colors I need are white blue and yellow. I got the white and blue covered but what yellow vine will bloom spring through fall? Fragrance would be nice but not necessary.. The only ones that I can think of off-hand are yellow mandevillea, allamanda or yellow climbing rose. Are there any others?
Thanks
~SJN

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow Vine that Flowers Often.....

How about a Black-eyed Susan vine?

Here is a link that might be useful: Black-eyed Susan vine

o

• Posted by bahia SF Bay Area (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 16, 07 at 21:45

The Allamanda or yellow Black Eyed Susan/Thunbergia will probably be the longest blooming. Thunbergia has many more flowers over the season, and will continue to bloom here in California as long as it is warm enough. The Allamanda certainly has larger, more dramatic individual flowers. Not sure if it is commonly planted in your region, but the Australian vine, Hibbertia suaveolens is another very long season bloomer with both nice waxy foliage and large yellow blooms. I also like the South African Senecio tamoides vine, but this one blooms in late fall into winter, but is simply covered with flowers when in bloom.

o

A Canary Creeper Vine (Tropaeolum peregrinum) is an annual here in zone 7 that has pretty yellow blooms. It doesn't start flowering until mid summer but continues until the frost. It might be a perennial in your zone.
Karyn

o

Blacked eyed susies grow easy from seed too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Thanks for all the good suggestions. I had to look up the Hibbertia suaveolens- I never heard of that one lol. It is pretty. I do have a yellow mandevilla (it started blooming in summer last year and went through about November here)that I could put on one side of the trellis with one of other vines mentioned. I have seeds of canary creeper and black eyed susan- I could put both on the other side, that should give enough yellow color. The blue vine I have is blue skyflower, and I have white mandevillea and some madagascar jasmine to make up my blue and white colors. I will post a picture later this year if it comes out well. Thanks for all your help.
~SJN

o

oops that should of said, "I have a yellow allamanda" lol.
Angie forgot to thank you for posting that pretty cheerful photo. Nice and bright to see for this time of year :)
~SJN

o

Black-eyed Susan vine is my favorit vine!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cat Names

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here