Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cold damaged Confederate jasmine

Posted by bkay2000 8a TX (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 20:00

My confederate jasmine has brown leaves, all over. We have had a really cold winter, including an early ice storm. One of the lattices full of the jasmine broke in the ice storm.

I have to remove the lattice this week. I'd like to save the jasmine if I can. Is it dead? If it comes back, will it come back from the bottom, or will it replace the leaves on some of the existing vines? (I have other jasmine that did not fall and it looks the same.) Extricating some large part of it from the lattice seems impossible. If I could save an extra 6" or a foot, would that help?

bk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cold damaged Confederate jasmine

No, it most likely isn't dead. It will leaf out on the existing limbs. If the lattice is broken, take a saw and cut the wood, don't cut the plant. The lattice is probably no good anyway - saw it into pieces so that you can remove it from the vine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here