Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sudimari

What kind of vine for this wall/trellis

sudimari
15 years ago

I will be container planting some vines to grow up a "garden junk" trellis. My first thought was Morning Glory, but now I'm wondering if it actually receives the sun needed?

Patio at 9:00 am:

{{gwi:135464}}

Patio at 10:30

The door faces due east. The wall is on the south side of patio, FACING north.

I have a chain link fence gate to start my trellis...will be propped behind the planter pictured. All three pots shown with dead plants will contain vines. Possibly more vines if I use large buckets to weigh or stand the trellis on the concrete. The planter is one piece.

I'm looking to attract birds/butterflies (the number of birdfeeders will grow as the season warms up here!LOL)

I have a mixture of climbing seeds...mixed color morning glory (25%), cardinal climber (5%), Thunbergia Black-Eyed susan (26%), Tall Single Mix Nasturtium (25%), Royal Family Mix Sweet Pea (30%)

They are mixed (I bought the small pkg...the large one was ind pkged inside). So a good place to look at pics of seed to ID them would be helpful.

Will any of these do well at this location? Any specific info I might need for any of them?

Any other suggestions that might work better or really well?

Thanks,

Suz

PS...If you click on thumbnail I believe it will open a larger version of pic...sun exposure might be more visible that way. Still trying to figure out best way to post pics!

Comment (1)