Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reviving Grape Vines

Posted by redcairo 6 NE OK (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 07 at 0:35

Last year, we bought 1 year grapevines, about 8 kinds, and my husband made an arbor to put them on.

This spring, they bloomed amazingly, really started growing like crazy. Then the weather basically went from 86 to 20 to 75 to 22 to 80 to 30 to 70 for about 2-3 days each.

Now they look dead as rocks.

A couple show a little green. I would like to try watering them and adding some kind of supplement that might, just maybe, help at least a few of them gradually recover.

I'm wondering if I could get some advice on what might be best to add to grape vines. In the garden places I find stuff for all kinds of plants individually, and some plants generically, but nothing specifically for grapes.

Best,
RC

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here