Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandyl121261

Cypress Vine

sandyl
10 years ago

I plan to plant cypress vine seed along a 10 foot wide trellis along my front porch this week. The porch faces south west, and receives full sun after 12:30 p,m. until the sun goes down in the evening. I haven't ever had cypress vine and my question is does anyone know if this vine truely does well in FULL BLAST HOT SUN as in no shade what so ever? or am i setting my self up for total failure? I have seen this vine at several houses in town but none are truely in full sun. I grow morning glories, Hyacinth bean vines and moonflowers in morning sun and afternoon shade and many, many clematis but not ever on my front porch, cleamtis go through their med summer burnout and I don't want them on the front porch for that reason, and morning glories and moonflowers I know would not have a chance in the summer heat on my front porch. First of July last year it got up to 105 on the porch. Can Cypress Vine handle that kind of heat? I know I should invest in large shade trees but my budget isn't up for it right now! Please help!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms