Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now what, it will regrow I assume?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Artic Kiwi my butt......pic

Say a prayer. :)

o

While i appreciate the humor, do i really need to be concerned, i mean it's an artic kiwi, it WILL grow back, right?

o

I'm assuming that it was recently transplanted. Are you getting the same below normal temps that we're getting a bit further north? Even though it's a hardy variety it probably hasn't been hardened off yet and is suffering from transplant shock along with the cold temps. They need to be acclimated to the cold. I'd give it some B-1 and protect it from the cold. Trim off any damaged foliage and hope for the best. If this wasn't a recent transplant then I have no idea what could be wrong. My hardy kiwis were just starting to wake up and then we got these damn freaky freezing temps. My hardy kiwis look different than your variety. The foliage on mine is kind of pink/white and green and the stems are more viney looking. You also need male & female plants to produce fruit. Good luck. I hope it pulls through.
Karyn

o

I've purchased 3 females and 1 male, they were purchased with buds starting to leaf, and grew quickly for 3 weeks prior to the 3 day freeze. So yeah they weren't hardened off and were recently planted. I'll trim off all the branches and hope for the best, thanks!

o

Just give it time and your plant should recover, there'll be dormant buds that will break into growth, I'm sure!

Just how cold had your temps dropped down to?

Terry

o

24 for one night and they were goners....

o

Has your kiwi made any recovery yet at this point? These are particularly hardy plants, though very sensitive to frost once they have begun to leaf out.

Terry

o

Yes they are showing signs of recovery. a couple have sprouted new growth from underground, and a couple have new buds on the orginal main stem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here