Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Different vine

Posted by karen_tennessee zone 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 30, 11 at 13:03

I have a 15 foot section on my wooden fence that I use 4 barels to plant my hyacynth bean vine in. I am interested in having a different vine this year. I have a 15 foot section with 4 barrels which have two wood trellises on either end and fishing line in cross sections in the center. The hyacinth bean has done well there. Could you suggest another type vine I could use this year with the type of climbing structure that I am using. The area gets full sun most of the day. I would like a flowering vine. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Different vine

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 30, 11 at 23:25

Certainly the annual morning glory could be explored. There is a good variety of colors to choose from, and the seeds of the common ones are not expensive and are readily available in the seed exchange.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here