Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ipomoea andersonii

Posted by thistle ontario 5b (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 3, 06 at 21:52

I am desperately trying to nudge seeds of this vine into growth. I have germinated some succesfully and they now have two nice healthy seed leaves but this is as much as they have grown in the last month.Any suggestions as to how I can spur them on?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ipomoea andersonii

They need heat and humidity to grow, so just wait - that's all you need to do.

o

UPDATE: I winter-sowed my seeds on Feb. 2 and they sprouted their first two leaves yesterday.

o
further to ipomoea andersonii

Update on mine,STILL only 2 leaves on each,but healthy looking! I hope they start to grow soon,I am looking forward to having these in my garden this year.

o

I've found that KELP can help growth of seedlings. Start with half strength of manufacturer recommended dose to check response of plant then gradually increase to standard dose.
Incidentally, my I. andersonii is 3 years old and hasn't flowered yet. I'm hoping to see some blooms this season.

o

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 17:34

I can see why there is interest in this species. The flowers are attractive and it makes a fat root. My other fat root / caudiciform morning glories took a couple of years before they made flowers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here