Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone have a Schizophragma hydrangeoides, japanese hydrangea?

Posted by greenqueen 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 07 at 22:39

I'm looking for some ideas on growth rate for this vine. Anyone have this? What is your experience?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone have a Schizophragma hydrangeoides, japanese hydrangea

I have two 'Moonlight'. They were already pretty big when I bought them last year (1 gallon size I think) and planted them. This year they have really taken off and it's not even May yet. Longest tendril is about 6 feet and they're thick and lush at the bottom. I'm growing it over a curved arbor but it seems like it would be happier just clinging to a flat surface - it's not really in the mood to twine around a trellis, I keep having to nudge it around. I had heard that the "true" climbing hydrangea was slow to start, but this one doesn't seem to have that issue.

o

I have one of these, I just bought it and planted it and it's dying. I've noticed that it's being eaten (not slugs, can't find the bugs) and all the leaves are rapidly turning brown. Any advice on how to save this plant? Thanks!

o

My Japanese hydrangea is also experiencing brown dry leaves. I do not know the cause. Have you found a solution?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here