Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Polygonum Aubertii (Silver Lace Vine) - Doubt

Posted by Kratus Portugal (My Page) on
Sun, May 18, 14 at 5:42

Hi!

Some time ago I've bought a bunch of seeds of Polygonum Aubertii from ebay.

I sowed some of that seeds more or less two months ago and they have already some cm. However, they are already producing seeds. Is that normal in a such young vine?

Check the pictures below.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Polygonum Aubertii (Silver Lace Vine) - Doubt

One more:

o

I'm sorry to tell you that the plants in the picture are not Polygonum aubertii aka P baldschuanicum. They appear to be Polygonum convolvulus aka Black Bindweed, a common weed species. That's the problem with eBay - you have no guarantee that what you buy is what it says it is. Whether the seller did this deliberately or was just ignorant we will never know. Much the easiest way to get a Silver Lace Vine would be to buy a plant. They are cheap (you can get them in supermarkets here) and you really only need one of these plants as they can cover a vast area.

Here is a link that might be useful: P convolvulus

o

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I searched on the internet about the plant you told me, and I don't think that they are the same species. The leafs are a bit different and also the seed. The way it grows it's also different.

o

Well, only you can see the plant you have and it may be another Polygonum species. But whether or not you agree with the id of P convolvulus, I'm 100% certain it isn't P aubertii aka P baldschuanicum.

o

I agree with floral. To my mind, no question that it is Polygonum convolvulus.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here