Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I plant MG in front of bushes

Posted by mastiff (My Page) on
Wed, May 28, 08 at 9:55

I have Choke cherry trees between my place and my neighbors.
I am wondering if I can plant Morning Glory's just in front of them and use the cherry trees as a support system.
I understand the vines will overtake the trees and we may not get cherry's..thats OK.
I am however..scared that the vines will go into the neighbors yard and climb his trees..spruce trees..that are close to the choke cherry trees.
Are they that invasive?
And do they need full sun?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I plant MG in front of bushes

Mines are a few weeks old. They took over! I love it. As they grow very quickly, they will want to vine over to your neighbor. All you need to do is make sure you trim. Go right ahead and plant :D! Mines are getting 5 hours of sun, 2pm-7pm. They are doing fine. I recently planted in the front yard, I'm getting seedlings.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here