Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vines looking sad help me save them please

Posted by enjoy 5 (My Page) on
Mon, May 26, 08 at 11:27

I grew Cypress vine, Blackeyed susan vine, cathedral bells, and moonflower from seed this year. I had expected it to be warmer by now and it isn't. So, they are still in their original containers and want to be in the ground.

Can anyone tell me what if anything I can do? Our nights are still pretty cool here at the moment going down to 3 degrees celcius this week.

They are definately not enjoying the seed starting medium anymore and they need different soil. Should I just put them in and cover them at night if I can remember?

Also, can anyone tell me why the leaves of Cathedral Bells went pale when I watered them recently? Was the water too cold or do they hate wet leaves? I have never grown them before.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vines looking sad help me save them please

• Posted by zuni 5a (My Page) on
    Fri, May 30, 08 at 15:41

It sounds like your seedlings are long-past the stage where they should have been transplanted. Next time, move them to larger containers with some potting soil when they get 2 or 3 true leaves (these develop after the initial seed leaves.)

At this point, you might try pinching back the plants, give them a weak fertilizer, and start hardening them off so you can get them in the ground as soon as the temperature is warm enough.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here