Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Halls Honeysuckle Mostly Dead -- Need Help!

Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
Wed, May 27, 09 at 13:03

I have a Halls Honeysuckle that has been growing for over 5 years. Last year some of the leaves were pale and veined. This year more than half of it is dead. Is there a way to save it? My husband wants to Prune all of the dead and see what happens, but I would like to know what caused it to die if possible. Any suggestions?

Val

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Halls Honeysuckle Mostly Dead -- Need Help!

I didn't know it was possible to kill this plant. Here in Alabama, it's a noxious weed and we spend our time trying to kill it, without much success.

I'd prune it back hard.

o

Follow up with Brush Be Gone

o

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 24, 09 at 17:39

Not a pest in the dry summer West. I had two established plants peter out here in western WA (USDA 8). Thought it was cold winter weather but plant is rated to much lower zones than here.

Must be some kind of pest or pathogenic that sometimes takes these out in this region.

Or there is a tender clone being circulated.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here