Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
food for my morning glories

Posted by Marg33 none (My Page) on
Sat, May 3, 14 at 13:20

I started my morning glories inside this year and I am getting ready to put them outside is it ok to feed them some Miracle Gro orchid food??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: food for my morning glories

I never feed my morning glories, as too much nitrogen can cause them to make huge leaves and few flowers. They seem to do fine without the fertilizer.

o

Thank you im just gonna leave them alone then they seem to be doing good I just hope they do as good when I transfer them outside!!!

o

In fact, I've read from multiple sources that they enjoy quite poor soil. Strange! I never feed mine, and they do great. Good luck.

o

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Sat, May 17, 14 at 18:21

How will you be growing the plants? In pots with fresh Miracle Gro potting mix? If so, the potting mix usually has fertilizer in it. Once you get close to the flowering season of late July through September you can give a fertilizer that is a little higher in phosphorus (P) to promote flower production.

What MGs are you growing?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here