Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can I still prune grapevines?

Posted by joannaqcw NY 4/5 (My Page) on
Thu, May 7, 09 at 14:34

I am looking for a Farmall C, H or M, or another tractor of similar size and vintage. Running or not running, any condition considered. I am looking for something cheap that I can repair and use as a second tractor for work, so I don't want a shiny restored one. The nearer to the Pulaski/Sandy Creek area the better, as I will have to hire someone to move it for me. I will reply within 12 hours or less to anyone who contacts me. Thank you very much.
Zach

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can I still prune grapevines?

Sorry! That was a mispaste. Here's the question:

I have 2 grapevines, one Bluebell and one Somerset Seedless, which I planted last spring on either side of an arbor. They're well fertilized and mulched but I didn't get to pruning them. Now the vines are at bud burst. Can I still prune them now without damaging the vines? I've seen online references to doing a *second* pruning at/after bud break; how about a first one?

o
RE: can I still prune grapevines?

We just got around to doing our first pruning last week, it'll be fine. The sap runs out for a bit but it doesn't matter, they'll survive. They've always survived, now if only the birds wouldn't get there first when it's time to harvest.....hmmmm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here