Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Solanum crispum 'Glasnevin'

Posted by cpboyce 8 (My Page) on
Tue, May 11, 10 at 16:46

I bought this plant from the late great nursery Heronswood in WA after falling in love with the vine they had planted on the side of their house in the gardens. It thrived for years growing robustly in my south garden, but, inexplicably, it died sometime over the winter. I can't find another one anywhere, locally or online. Does anyone know of a South Sound nursery that has it in stock or where I can buy it online?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Solanum crispum 'Glasnevin'

Colvos Creek Nursery lists it in a gallon container. I've never bought from them but they don't have any negative feedback on gardenwatchdog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Colvos Creek Nursery

o

Thanks, karyn1. Just got off the phone with Colvos Creek (Mike Lee) and ordered their second to the last plant. I'll let you know when it gets here and how it does.
I hated losing that connection to Heronswood. Thank goodness all of the other plants I purchased from them still thrive.

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Wed, May 19, 10 at 11:26

I get it when you say you hate losing your Heronswood plants :) Just wanted to let you know I lost s. glasnevin too over winter, planted many years ago to twine through a smallish maple and also purchased during a visit to Heronswood. I think that week of icy weather in December was just too much cold...dicentra scandens also bit the dust, both the long established established plant in the ground and rooted cuttings in a pot.

The dicentra is now on order from Plant Delights but with the maple now more mature (roots) I don't have plans to try a replacement solanum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here