Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
both_gw

My silver lace vine did not do so good this winter!

both
15 years ago

I have had silver lace vine for about three to four years and it has done fine every winter. This past winter realy took a lot out of it. I am down to one cane. One cane that was about an inch and a half died to the ground. The past few years it has grown well but not as fast as I want. It is supposed to climb a 10 foot 4x4 and then cover a 12'x12' top. It covers about half of the top by the end of summer. This is the shade plant I picked for the pergola. I am wanting some opinions from some gardeners in this zone. How many years until it will get this big? With suffering this much die back with the winter will it ever cover this area (12'x12') because the roots are getting bigger every year? Does this make sence? Should I switch to another vine? I don't want to plant another on another 4x4 because I have three Awakening climbing roses. The ones at the botanical gardens here in Chicago cover a large area on a pergola. I have not gotten out there this spring to see how there's fared this winter. Any info would be great!!! Amy

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations