Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mandrin honeysuckle?

Posted by eclecticcottage 6b wny (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 21:49

Well, the tree butchers have been by (electric co) and topped two pine trees. They now look rediculous. However,they still afford some privacy-well, for now anyway. I am thinking of training a honeysuckle up into them, to eventually "replace" them, since the bottoms were pretty dead as it was, and now having been topped, I imagine they will eventually rot from the top down should they get an infection. Will mandrin do well at this? Major wheeler won't get tall enough, although it would be my first choice. I won't plant something invasive like halls, or a trumpet vine, so I'm hoping I can find a well behaved vine to use.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mandrin honeysuckle?

Pipevine is a great climber; would that work?

o
RE: Mandrin honeysuckle?

Really do think Lonicera pericymenum or any of the L. sempervirens varieties would get 15 feet tall, at least.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here