Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Insects attacked my grape vines! Help, please!

Posted by Waveguide none (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 20, 13 at 0:14

Hi,
We've just planted grape vines, and now all leaves have holes because insects ate through them...

I am attaching of pictures of insects that we've found on the leaves. It also shows how the leaves are eaten though...

Is there a way to save my grape vines?

I would be very thankful for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Insects attacked my grape vines! Help, please!

You've chosen not to reveal your location - it would be helpful to others if you could reply with your state or region so that people with local knowledge or experience in a similar climatic zone can better help you.
It is a little hard to see the insects/grubs to tell what they are, I doubt that they are going to kill the vines, just mess up the leaves.
How big are the vines since they are only newly planted and is it possible for you to remove the insects by hand - wiping off, or with a blast from a hose?

o

Thank you for your reply!. We are in Dallas, TX . The vines are small, we just planted them this spring, therefore I am afraid that the insects will kill it. So far all we did was to sprinkle the leaves with the water from a hose, as you have suggested. We have other plants in our back-yard (flowers, bushes, pomegranates) - but the insects attacked specifically this plant...

I hope that you are right and that the insects (or are they bugs?) will not destroy the whole plant. So far, there is no leave that does not have holes in it...

o

If you have a Farmers Co-op in your area they will sell you a poison to rid you of these pest. I spray only as needed. Brand name - Bonide - Fruit Tree Spray - Grapes are listed on the label.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here