Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Morning Glory HELL!!!!!

Posted by wannabegardnerdd MA (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 4, 09 at 10:37

I recently transformed a neglected flower bed into a veggi garden. Unfortunatley I didnt get everything up because the morning glory's are still coming up everywhere.(they pretty much took over when it was a flower bed) I spend more time pulling these suckers up than actual weeds! Does any one know of anyhting that will kill these bad boys without harming my veggies?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Morning Glory HELL!!!!!

I don't know what kind of vegetables you are growing, but I often put mulch down and get it right up to the plants, when they are large enough. Many seedlings of weeds are simply smothered. At times I have even taken the bags of raked up leaves that people leave on the roadside and they work fine.My friend uses the large amounts of grass clippings he gets from the large area he mows.

o
RE: Morning Glory HELL!!!!!...Do it right the 1st time

Mulching will certainly help to smother out any annuals , but will assist any spreading perennials like Calystegia or Convolvulus to form larger roots...

Good Luck (!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here