Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it too late for Hyacinth Bean?

Posted by indylars Indianapolis 5 (wlars1963@aol.com) on
Sun, Jun 24, 07 at 12:29

Just found a packet of Hyacinth Bean and was wondering if it is too late for these? They will be planted in full sun and let to grow up an Apothocary Rose which will not be flowering again till next year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it too late for Hyacinth Bean?

NO, not to late. This vine loves the heat. Keep them damp at first, and you will get a good show before the cool weather sets in! :) Arum

o

Well they are up and growing well now!

o

Wayda go Indylars! :) Arum

o

I know it's been a couple weeks since this post but I am soaking a few seeds to plant this weekend since I haven't had much luck with germination so far. The weather has been alternating hot then cool, and very dry, even though I've been watering almost every day to keep them moist. So far only 1 is growing well and I want pods for seeds for next year, even if the flowers come too late for the hummingbirds.

Good luck!

(This is my first post - I've been lurking and learning for quite some time on Gardenweb!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here