Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Corkscrew vine

Posted by gootziecat 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 23, 09 at 13:16

Hi,
I am thinking about purchasing one of these and don't know too much about them, despite trying to do research. I'm primarily interested in this as an indoor plant. Does anyone raise them indoors all year round, excepting some occasional outings on the deck? If they don't do well as such, I'd rather know now than waste my money.
Thanks all!
gootziecat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Corkscrew vine

I wouldn't advise growing this as an indoor plant unless you have full spectrum grow lights and even then it does much better outside. It also gets quite large. Is there a reason that you don't want to keep it outside during the warm months? I keep mine outside May-Oct then cut it back and store it dormant over the winter.

o

Karyn,
I don't have very good luck with outdoor plants in general. Deer, bugs, and other critters seem to ruin most things I put out so I gave up years ago. I enjoy my indoor plants immensely and was hoping this one could join the group.
Thank you for your reply.

o

I overwintered mine last year.It did survive indoors at a bright window,but it was very spindly.I have cut it back and it is now growing happily outdoors.I don't think I will bother bringing it inside this year,they are fairly easy to start from seed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here