Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sp0ng3r

Looking for a good vine

sp0ng3r
14 years ago

Hello all,

I recently bought a home in the Orange County area of California. I am looking for 2 different vines.

1) I need a vine that will grow up a wall and look somewhat neat and tidy without a huge amount of leaves falling on my yard and making a huge mess. It does not need to cover the entire wall, an accent is fine. Flowers are not important. it can have them, or not, it does not really matter to me. The main concern is that it will not take over my yard and still not shed piles and piles of leaves every week. This vine will be in direct sun.

2) I m looking for another vine to either grow on a cross hatched slated wood fence or overhang to a patio. Again, I am looking for very minimal leave shedding. I am looking for flowers on this vine. preferable a purple color, but any color will do. It will be in direct sun also, but I want the bottom portion that does not get that much sun to look good on an overhang. Again, I do not want this to take over my house or my roof.

I am looking for any ideas, tips, hints, or thoughts. Am I looking for something that does not exist, or is this a possibility?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Comments (4)