Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I Trim Back My Morning Glory and How?

Posted by desert_rat_dad 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 07 at 1:30

My wife recently bought a beautiful morning glory. She asked me to plant it in our garden infront of house (facing east). The problem is, in this garden we also have a couple rose bushes and a rose tree. They are all planted about 3-4 feet apart in a white rock garden. My question is, as you probably have already guessed, can I trim my morning glory back and how? It hasn't climbed horizontally enough yet to reach the other plants, but it won't be long til it does. I would like try to prevent that. Thank You!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I Trim Back My Morning Glory and How?

Do you have something near it to climb on besides the bushes? If it has it's own support you only have to trim some of the out reaching vines to keep it off your bushes. A few snips to keep it in check should be OK, but they are meant to climb and the less you cut the more flowers it will produce. What one do you have?

o
RE: transplanting moring glories

We will be moving,and I would like to take my morning glories with me. How far can I cut them back,for transplant. They are attached to a trellis 3 or 4 each. They are dorment as of now being winter,we live in las vegas nv.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here